Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

Karak Norn Clansman #2595

Many 28mm collectors might be wondering what they could do with 15mm models, even though they might want characterful 15mm or 10mm sculpts in their collection.

Well, for the scale puritans out there, look no further than to statuary and relief carvings upon Imperial Rome's triumphal arches and pillars, not least Trajan's column depicting the warlord emperor's Dacian campaign, which inspired the French reliefs on their triumphal arch in Paris. Likewise, look at Indian temples, covered in statues. Or Inanna's temple facade in Uruk. Statuary adorning expensive facades are an old and common trick in architecture, one which modelling hobbyists would do well to mimic in order to take their collections to the next level. One could e.g. mix flat wall reliefs with statuettes among some ostentatious building's decorations, and maybe throw in some skulls on spikes, flayed skins and the like for a grim impression.

After all, we all want terrain to match the level of our armies, don't we?

As a recent example, check out Zoddtheimmortal's altar, featuring 15mm Tjublings as animated stone golems carrying an altar made from Carcearion's Bit Forge kits, plus a 28mm haruspex model, possibly sculpted by Sjoerdo?

For other forms of architecture, a triumphal column could be topped with a petrified Sorcerer-Prophet, or a bull's head, a flaming brazier or something else completely, while the pillar is covered in tjublings and 15mm miniatures of other races, and mayhap the odd self-sculpted scene if one wish. Imagine something like the following architectural ornaments, but for grimdark Chaos Dwarf monuments in their particular styles and with less flat reliefs (since tjublings are in 3D):

Or perhaps just simply votive statuettes?

Hobby Workshop

pawl #2624

Custom Custom Custom
I like this idea! I know that it's difficult to come by official plastics these days, but I think that Epic-scale troops would make for rather nice statuettes for 30/40k terrain. I imagine that some of the third party stuff would work just as well, too.
You could possibly also try half-casting. Take just the front of something like one of these marines for use as a 'sculpture'.
Hobby Workshop