Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #951

Custom Custom Custom
Finally after a few recent fails I have something to put in here!!
Laboured for 3 weeks and abit and it's done.

I'm pretty damn pleased overall. It's probably overall the best thing I've painted aswell as the biggest. And my first big success with an airbrush. Although I do feel I've lost some of the transitions due to all the metal I've had to paint in after the first stage.

In terms of weathering I'm not sure. I think it looks effective but not sure if I prefer the heavy metal style in this case. I think next vehicle like this I'll try full grimdark weathering rather than a mish mash. But it's good to try here as that's how I'll get better.
Also I tried to do a directed blood spatter on the front which I totally regret now.

Plan is to enter this into my local gaming store competition on facebook in next week. Which pic should I choose for the main one? I'm thinking 1st or last?
Also I've tried to take these photos dark for the grimdark style.. But let me know if you think they need to be brighter

Update;
Ok I made one tiny change. Just added some tiny bits of runefang silver to the rust on the back.
Lovecraft0110 liked this
Hobby Workshop

pawl #955

Custom Custom Custom
You should be pleased with this man, it's come out really well! Blood splatter included 😜
If this is the start I'm looking forward to seeing where you go from here =]

James #957

Custom Custom Custom
Haha something easier for definite 🤣😂 although I think even the easy stuff I'll find a way to make it difficult lol
Thanks dude!
Does this count as my 1 model complete in a month?

pawl #962

Custom Custom Custom
You pull off 'difficult' quite well though, I think!

I've not started it yet, but yes 😂

James #964

Custom Custom Custom
Haha thanks bro. It'll be nice to something that can be done in a few days. Got a nice easy pox walker scheme to start tomorow.. hangover willing! (Online quiz night requires drinks for the drink gods)
I came sorta joint 3rd in my local gaming stores online painting competition. Pretty pleased. Number was 1 was pretty amazing.

pawl #966

Custom Custom Custom
A worthy foe to lose to I feel! What came second?
(seriously though, Jesus! They're showing off a bit! 😂 if I had to be critical I don't like the wing cogs as they don't seem to do anything, but that's really impressive!)

I wish I could get anything done in a couple of days, takes me forever to get going!

(🍻)

James #968

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah it's pretty insane. I had seen it posted earlier in the month so I knew 1st spot had probably already gone lol!!
This I think was 2nd by one like. Then mine and a couple of others. About 12 entries I think
And yeah still unlikely I'll finish them in a couple of days knowing me. (Even furloughed) but one can dream!
Lovecraft0110 liked this

pawl #979

Custom Custom Custom
It's not bad, but I would have expected yours to have come out on top to be honest!

Doesn't matter how long it takes mate! =]

James #980

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah I kinda felt that. It is good. But can't really tell from the picture!
I'm still pleased that I did pretty well in my first comp even though it's just a local one 😁

pawl #983

Custom Custom Custom
Top spot next time, yeah? 😜
Hobby Workshop