Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

the_real_iron_hand #4043

Custom Custom
Hi folks,

I'm going to paint my Stormcast as Astral Templars but I'm not sure what colour to paint the Stormdrake Guard dragons. I've put a pic below of the scheme (not my paintjob). Thanks for any advice ^^

(I believe this is Brushstroke Painting's work)
Hobby Workshop

James #4044

Custom Custom Custom
I mean.. That looks fantastic. Are there any other contenders for scheme of choice?

pawl #4050

Custom Custom Custom
I tried taking a couple of colour swatches from the model (not easy to get the 'true' colour!) and throwing them at a colour wheel. From darkest to lightest the armour results all looked something a little like this:

Given that you're using blue for your hair (is that hair?), perhaps a green? =]

the_real_iron_hand #4053

Custom Custom
James wrote: 10 Jan 22, 22:48 I mean.. That looks fantastic. Are there any other contenders for scheme of choice?
No, I really want to do these guys after reading Hamilcar: Champion of the Gods, he's like the AoS version of Ciaphas Cain 😆
James liked this

the_real_iron_hand #4055

Custom Custom
pawl wrote: 10 Jan 22, 23:47 I tried taking a couple of colour swatches from the model (not easy to get the 'true' colour!) and throwing them at a colour wheel. From darkest to lightest the armour results all looked something a little like this:

Given that you're using blue for your hair (is that hair?), perhaps a green? =]
Oh yeah it might have helped to tell you that's Screamer Pink with a Nuln Oil wash xD

pawl #4056

Custom Custom Custom
the_real_iron_hand wrote: 11 Jan 22, 08:22 Oh yeah it might have helped to tell you that's Screamer Pink with a Nuln Oil wash xD
That would have been helpful, yeah 😂

the_real_iron_hand wrote: 11 Jan 22, 07:48 How about white or pale grey? Something neutral?
All the examples I can find are box scheme blue-green with a white belly/wings, which would actually work quite well I think.
If you went pure ivory then you might find that it ends up looking too plain. That and a giant pale dragon would probably look a bit odd! 😅

Typically I can't find any examples of them with Astral Templar riders...
Hobby Workshop