Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

James #710

Custom Custom Custom
Probably won't rush with it. It was more buying cos it was too good a deal to turn down rather needing it...
Probably won't get round to painting it anytime soon. Friend of mine set up a trello board for his paint queue... considering doing the same haha
Hobby Workshop

pawl #712

Custom Custom Custom
Never hurts to have things waiting in reserve!

And that's genius! I keep a trello board (that @Stephen ignores!) for the various forum things I need to fix/adjust/make happen, but I've never thought of using it for a painting queue! Need to start cataloguing...

pawl #731

Custom Custom Custom
Oops! Put in the £1.99 starting bid and apparently nobody else wanted it! Less than six quid with postage!

This however is what I came out of eBaying retirement for 😁

James #734

Custom Custom Custom
Can't beat that classic predator turret!!! Also bargain on the sergeant!

pawl #740

Custom Custom Custom
I love them mate, wanted one since I was a kid! (kinda like half the things in this thread!)

James #748

Custom Custom Custom
Haha old skool 🤣 looks epic tho. I think they do a retro design for a tank now. Seems to be more vehicle focus on 9th edition based on the rules they've released so far. So you never know!
The quad rapier turned up. It's in pretty good condition so I reckon I can just go over it wirh the airbrush!

pawl #752

Custom Custom Custom
Do you mean the Deimos Predator from FW? Beautiful models, fully intend to get one at some point. 😁
I've not paid the rules too much attention, but I know that vehicles are getting an overhaul.

Yeah? It's daring, but I'm still researching stuff for resin, so I might have a solution for you.

James #758

Custom Custom Custom
Ooh nice. Keep me posted. I'm certainly up for trying.

Haha exactly like the deimos. But my god forgeworld charge thrice the price they should do!!! Madness. But such nice models!

pawl #766

Custom Custom Custom
I'm really struggling for non-branded chemicals unfortunately, it's all branded stuff that people talk about. I'm sure I'll get there though!

It's all to do with the casting. The resin itself is quite cheap I think, but making the moulds (which also don't last as long as for plastic) is very expensive. At least that's the way I understand it.

James #768

Custom Custom Custom
Have you dealt with a finecast model yet? Honestly they suck. You have to do alot of work to them. And then patch up gaps and all sorts.
Hobby Workshop