Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

pawl #393

Custom Custom Custom
Another one today! 🙊

Hobby Workshop

James #395

Custom Custom Custom
Classic dark angels captain there. I think I remember that one when I was like 10.

@Stephen the dark vengeance stuff is great. Really nice details on the dark angels!

Stephen #400

Three more added to the watch list ending in roughly 24hrs.

1x Chapter Master (Metal)
1x Company Master Balthasar (Plastic)
1x GM Librarian Ezekial (Metal oop)

This could get very expensive very quickly...
James liked this

pawl #401

Custom Custom Custom
@JamesH he was in the 1999 miniatures annual that I still have, so he's at least two decades old!

As a rule of thumb mate I try to only bid when they're too cheap not to, and I've tried to set a limit of £10 for characters, and £2.50-£5/model for classic metal. I've had a few cheaper, but I've also broken my rules a couple of times 😂

pawl #407

Custom Custom Custom
Just won this too, think that finishes off the metal apothecaries 👌

Edit:
Maybe some RT-era terminators too? Captain and a flamer.
ImageImage

Edit2:
Definitely done now 😂 Limited Ed 1991 Games Day Captain. By all accounts these are quite rare.
James liked this

pawl #411

Custom Custom Custom
This just finished a little lower than I was expecting, rather pleased. It's also the best condition I've seen an old rhino chassis in for a while, so it should clean up nicely!

pawl #413

Custom Custom Custom
Also did rather well with this one - looks like it's in pretty much perfect condition 👌😁
James liked this

James #418

Custom Custom Custom
Some great wins here. Games day captain very cool. And I've always liked the vindicators new and old! I won a cyberwolf off eBay but for only just under 12 quid but there quite hard to get hold off now or atleast I've rarely seen them come up. I try to keep similar rules to your self. Don't generally like spending more than a few pounds per mini unless something very special.
Have you guys found prices at the minute are sky high? Finding it alot harder to get bargains atm. Although benefit.. I've listed the contemptors and some of the 30k marines and they've all got quite high bids already.
You'll be pleased to know I'm keeping 17 of the 27 30k marines to strip and fix and then going to convert some to chaos possessed!

James #419

Custom Custom Custom
Here's the old skool daemon prince I managed to get from Facebook warhammer trading groups for 12 quid. It's a proper lump. Going to try some acetone on it. May just use my gfs to begin with.. @pawl guessing using lower percent acetone won't damage it?
Also might be worth you guys looking at the warhammer trading groups.. May be some specific to Midhammer which I think is your 90s era stuff

pawl #427

Custom Custom Custom
Sorry, missed your first post!
Yeah, always liked the vindicators myself - got my eye on a couple more old ones to go with my new.

Prices seem to depend on what you're getting. There's a few things where I've thought the bidding was getting silly, and a few auctions where the starting price was ridiculous, but I'm mostly searching for rarer items, so I'm not overly surprised.
Happy days on both fronts!
I'm going to go through my old stuff when I get hold of it, and see if there's anything that I'm definitely never going to use, although I doubt there's much I would be willing to part with.

Anything with acetone in will work, but higher concentrations will work better. I've tried acetone-based nail polish removers that have worked well, some that have done nothing at all. For the sake a tenner you'll get a litre on eBay - enough for 2-3 big jam jars 😂
Just don't forget to remove the base!
I'm not sure I need more temptation!! I'm watching a couple of things and then trying to avoid it from payday, finish next month with some money left 😜
Hobby Workshop