Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #4227

Custom Custom Custom
Just got him snapped this evening.
Very pleased. Far off marcos one but... I'm more noobish and his dragon was a much better sculpt.

Also enjoyed the base on this too. Tried to do some rippling effects and stuff. Love me a water base. Decided against alot of the bone work I was looking at doing. Don't think it needed it!!
Hobby Workshop

pawl #4236

Custom Custom Custom
Always nice to see your finished projects dude, especially after all the whatsapp buildup!

Accidental paint removal aside, is there anything you would do differently on a second run? Other than maybe matching the colours, rather than trying to get something close.

Oh, and nice eyes 😉
James liked this

James #4237

Custom Custom Custom
Haha thanks mate.

Erm.. Obviously using sponge make up removers to get the oil off was a big mistake 🤦‍♂️
I guess my magenta stage really overcooked it and I had to redo it. But the magenta tint is still there just about and is kinda nice now. So it's kinda all ended up well really!
I guess marco is able to get alot more accuracy with his airbrush than me and able to have more colour range showing through especially on the scales. But I guess that's just practice and patience... And the model he was using is alot bigger and less parts that were difficult to access! 😂

pawl #4242

Custom Custom Custom
The sponges were the problem, not the cotton buds? 😅

Wasn't Marco also using Molotow paints to begin with? If so they have absolutely insane covering power - you can drop a single coat of yellow over black, and it covers like it's come from a rattle can!

James #4245

Custom Custom Custom
pawl wrote: 01 Feb 22, 23:09 The sponges were the problem, not the cotton buds? 😅
You know what I mean 😂

Yeh he goes to get the base colours. Then inks over the top. He's able to get alot nicer variations in the scales than I managed. Cos the guy is a god damn magician 😂😁
Hobby Workshop