Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!
  • No avatar

James #3643

Custom Custom Custom
Rush painting this fella up for Wednesdays game with @Badger_of_doom !
Nice hull red undercoat and then layers of a darkened elysian green with ogryn camo highlight and further highlights with a camo grey mix. Also used agrax through the airbrush to darken the lower armour sections. Humbrol chipping fluid was used to reveal the undercoat.
It was hot work last night (currently roasting in the UK) I'm lucky this turned out OK as I did some plague marines at the same time and the chipping ripped the whole primer and everything off 😬
Pharia liked this
Hobby Workshop

James #4046

Custom Custom Custom
Think I forgot to post the last update on this guy.
But I just added some depth and then highlights to the flesh. Hoping I can blend it all in with oils later.
Edit:
Here is the last pic before I did necrons where I was working on the armour. Better than the above shot.
No avatar

MedMos #4057

Custom Custom
It looks... Eeeeuurgh. Which I guess is a good thing in this context! I'm often ambivalent about Nurgly paintjobs, they're at their best when almost making me sick. So good job!:grin:
James liked this

pawl #4070

Custom Custom Custom
MedMos wrote: 11 Jan 22, 09:27 It looks... Eeeeuurgh. Which I guess is a good thing in this context! I'm often ambivalent about Nurgly paintjobs, they're at their best when almost making me sick. So good job!:grin:
I'll never get tired of telling James his paintjobs are awful in a good way 😂

@James - do you hate it enough to oil it yet? 😉
MedMos liked this

James #4072

Custom Custom Custom
Pahaha 😂

I touched the flesh up with the liquitex raw sienna. Its not how I had it looking in in my head but it'll do I reckon 😜
Hard to get snaps in the right light. But yeh skin is ready for OYUL!!!
I Need to do the Metallics on the helicopter blade bits. And then all can be oiled!!!
Probably won't take much to finish.

Edit: Showed a pal of mine and he named. The flesh helicopter. Bleugh. 😂

James #4503

Custom Custom Custom
Fleshcopter is done 👍😂

pawl #4505

Custom Custom Custom
'fleshcopter' 🙈
Fantastic as ever though dude. You're going to have to figure out how to do a video tutorial for your lenses though because they're brilliant 😉

James #4507

Custom Custom Custom
Hehe 😜 thanks mate
If I'd have known the would turn out so well I would have but in fairness the big lens is probably the size of a marines head 😂
I did spend a lot longer researching light this time and gemstones effectively. Which I think is why it's turned well. Look at me actually researching for once 😂😂

James #4625

Custom Custom Custom
Model has been featured in TRFTs hobby spotlight this month woop woop!

Thank you @Lovecraft0110
pawl, Pharia liked this
Hobby Workshop