so the first step was to take a barrel I made from a copper pipe connector and painted in macragge blue followed by some failed attempt at weathering i did when i initially started hobbying and glue it to the base of the model. followed by a few nice-looking pieces of gravel.i raised one end slightly using a bit of card i had lying around
i then went on to cover the base in armageddon dust texture paint and shaped a few recesses into it followed by a shade of agax earthshade and a drybrushing of ushabti bone
next came the leap of faith where i wanted the spilt toxic sludge effect to go and do an undercoat of tesseract glow.
i quickly scrapped my initial idea of using pva glue to get a toxic waste effect and got myself some of this.(following the advice of @James )
so I mixed the epoxy glue with some tesseract glow paint before adding the hardening compound to the mixture and then applied it to the base where i wanted it to look like the toxic waste had been spilled.
lastly i added a few tufts of grass before gluing the model to the base
and the final look is spoiled by the poor painting of the mini but i am happy with the base