Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
The Space Marines fear no Evil for we are Fear Incarnate!
  • No avatar

pawl #2846

Custom Custom Custom
No cleaners here yet! 😅
Hobby Workshop

James #2847

Custom Custom Custom
Omg 😶😶😶😶😶😶
Sort your life out 🤣🤣🤣

pawl #2849

Custom Custom Custom
Little point for cheap brushes! Going to get some though for the R&C's.

James #2852

Custom Custom Custom
I remember the days when you thought tap was the bees knees. Cant believe you didnt protect em.
I know gsw do a brush conditioner. Wonder if its good

pawl #2853

Custom Custom Custom
They're better than Citadel, but still only synthetics. In future I might bulk-buy cheap ones for general use.
I've seen a couple, just not bothered buying yet!
Anyway, think we're stealing Pharia's topic! 😂
James, Pharia liked this
No avatar

Pharia #2874

Haha dw.
No avatar

Pharia #2946

Heraldry done on the other one. Sword aswell and transfers. Just the basing left ;)

Last edited by pawl on 15 Feb 21, 00:09, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Double post

pawl #2950

Custom Custom Custom
You're killing me with all these double posts - hit edit! 😂

Sword and freehand are really nice - are you finding it easier the more you practise?

James #2953

Custom Custom Custom
#triggered

The swords are looking spectacular.
Whats your method now you've got it ironed down?
No avatar

Pharia #2956

@pawl haha sry ill try :pensive:
Yes and no:p the airbrushing is the same really. As all the colors behave differently:S freehanding is easier the more you practice. Ofc painting straight lines are easy compared to doing symmetrical arches and circles :p that's hard... especially when its really small/tiny :S

@James

Thanks! Its fun and the effect is flashy :p start with white and layer each step darker. Use masking tape (a sensitive one :p ) and tape over the part where there's not a power node! :p and repeat only this time paint opposite of what you painted on the other side. Black/white. Edge highlight the blade when done...
Allso I've not used a cover or masking for the rest of the model... found i got a slight osl effect on the hands etc if you plan where your spraying;) touch up with brush when done :D thought about making just one part light and 2 parts dark, would make the painting process quicker. Try it on your blades James? Maybe go red or another color to match a nurgle green or cream color?
Hobby Workshop