Welcome to The Warp Storm! ๐Ÿ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2339

As part of the commission my friend also wanted some warp gates doing and got me some cool objective markers!! Super impressed with the prints.
Bad pic trying to find some unprimed stuff.
But I've got the warp gates ready to try a marbling effect with baby wipes. The blue will be veins showing underneath in the end!!
Next step will be to wrap the whole things in baby wipes and then spray grey over the top. Excited for it.. altho getting a baby wipe on that may be hard... may need to do it in stages possibly. Thankfully i have a bag of baby wipes that dried out so plenty to try with.

Also the objective markers are like weird floating lightening plants.
Quite happy with my progress trying to emulate them. Need to brown the earth and then gloss varnish and use some enamels on it
Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

pawl #2343

Custom
Really excited to see how your marbling comes out, love the effect!

For your plants I still reckon it's worth looking at flourescent yellows, too. Possibly even after you wash them, to really bring focus to the light. They're really translucent, so need a bright under colour, but I think it would make a massive difference.

James #2345

Me too. Also super nervous haha. I hope i can figure an effective way to do it ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข maybe do in two seperate stages. May try tonight!

You may be right. Ill do another brighter layer and we'll see. Could do with not needing to invest in more paints tho... Erebus!!!!

pawl #2350

Custom
Did you manage to get it wrapped?

Even a touch of white to layer again would brighten up the lightest parts. Maybe a very light application of the white ink, focused on the centre?

James #2355

Ha nope i did the bottom and gave up ๐Ÿ˜‚
Ill try next airbrush session which will probs be the weekend!

Good idea!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š
pawl liked this
Element Games - Wargaming Webstore