Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #2233

Custom Custom Custom
Finally stopped being lasy and did the osl!
Pretty happy overall with these guys 😊 which is a relief as i was abit dissapointed mid process and i think i need to be careful with the enamels when pin washing and ill get a better effect.

Also decided a little 1 year comparison and eavy metal v weathered style.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2236

Custom Custom Custom
Yay! 😁
I think that these are definitely proof that a dirtier look is much better for DG - while the old paintjob is good, this one is much, much better in my eyes! Especially when you consider that it's a speed paint.

Is there anything that you think you could have done better, or will do differently next time? And are you considering getting the old squad mucky to match? 😜

James #2244

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah I'm pretty happy after a few doubts midway and considering these are relatively speed painted (for me) they are good!! Also i think the full squad shot looks great.

Could have spent more time on tentacles i think.
Im getting some better brushes for the pin washing and I'm hopeful itll give me a bit better contrast overall. I felt these are abit too dirty for my taste personally would like the top colour to still come through!
Haha no ill leave my poor little eavy metal boys alone 😂

pawl #2251

Custom Custom Custom
I told you to have faith! =] I think the biggest reason you weren't convinced is because you were essentially still just blocking in the base colours - bringing the enamels into the mix slightly changes how you paint things compared to a more 'eavy metal style, so you probably felt like you should have been closer to a finished look than you had to be.

What have you been washing them with so far? Your regular painting brushes? And there's no such thing as too dirty where Nurgle is concerned! 😜
When the new boys pick on them for being squeaky clean don't say I didn't tell you! 😂

James #2255

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah i also think two layers of the enamel seems to be key for me. As i tend to take off too much the first time.

Tentacles. Regular brush, be far too tough to ger into airbrush them effectively, tend to do genestealer purple up to emperors children pink with drucchi violet wash. It was a rush job tho really. On a character or something i would have spent a lot more time on them.

Hah the eavy metal boys??? 🤣🤣

pawl #2259

Custom Custom Custom
Do you varnish between layers? I think that gradually building them up makes more sense, so that you can slowly adjust them as you go.

I think you misunderstand 😂 I meant what brushes were you using for the enamels prior to getting the new ones! For the tentacles though I don't think much more is needed, is it?

Look like they've been polishing their armour 😜

James #2260

Custom Custom Custom
Theres no reason not to varnish between layers but i havent bothered. Aslong as your not aggressively piling on the enamels or thinner it shouldn't affect the previous enamel layer.

Oh ha. Ok well i did have a specific round brush from ammo but it disintegrated in a day or two. So I've sibce been using the free games workshop starter brush cos its crap.
Tentacles are fine for the squad, nothing spectacular but ok.

Hahah just because nurgle is your man doesnt mean you cant be proud of your shiny armour!

pawl #2265

Custom Custom Custom
Fair enough! Not sure when I'll get back round to mine (when the Catachan muse wanes and the weather is better for spray cans, at a guess) but I'm looking forward to some more enamel work.

Huh! Hopefully mine will stand up a little better! 😂

Never seen a Nurgling with a toothbrush... 🤔
James liked this

James #2269

Custom Custom Custom
Ive seen one with an electric guitar 🤣

pawl #2270

Custom Custom Custom
I demand to see this!
Hobby Workshop