Welcome to The Warp Storm! πŸ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For all things relating to tabletop warfare.

James #2373

Custom Custom Custom
So finally met up to continue the crusade after around 2 month hiatus.
Rolled off and got this mission!
Sweep and clear. Quite a nice change as you dont have to stay on the objective to hold it. Although i didnt really realise this until mid battle.
We made a few mess ups with initial placing of objectives and i should have checked for which roll offs mattered etc so a good few "debates" about that early on πŸ˜‚
I brought 3 new units to the party.
Returning unit of plague marines are the unsightly.
Our new arrivals to join the pathogen brotherhood are "The Lumpen Lord" my lord of contagion. "The Animus" the blight hauler. "Carrus morbus" the plague burst crawler. Also nice to actually have a fully painted army lol may be the first time actually.
Badgers lined up with the same army as previously.
Death guard took the first turn and the two daemon vehicles did a chunk of damage to the dreadnought. Ultramarines tried to take out the crawler with their turn but were unable to get through only damaging it one wound.
2nd turn. Dg took down the redemptor. And did significant wounds to inceptors and made a successful charge with the lumpen lord into them finished the inceptors.
Ultramarines then made their way to the now exposed warlord. Intercessors made the charge but the primaris captain was unable to make the charge due to lack of space left around the LoC. Only 1 wound from 20 odd shots and 10 plus attacks, LoC cleared house and left one marine on his fightback.
Turn 3. With the primaris captain exposed the vehicles made short work of him with high damage weapons eventually making it through the 3+ invuln. Last marine then taken out by the lumpen lord. Allowing dg to have free reign of the battle to collect the last points.
I think the score was 60 to 30 in the end. Dg also managed to score bonus for the crawler surviving with more than half wounds.

Tough battle for UM. They were quite unlucky and abit exposed from cover in a few spots and with such small forces, one mistake can cost the game.

Winner gained two marks of greatness for the units. Meaning that the crawler and the plague marines have been able to level up. Plague marines, gained a bonus to movement which is always useful. Especially to death guard. Crawlers bonus is less useful.. but may be better when dg lose this type of disgustingly resilient.

Next battle will be the warlord mission! Will be interesting as alot of the ultramarines have levelled up.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #2380

Custom Custom Custom
If in doubt, punch an Ultramarine. πŸ‘Œ
(sorry @Badger_of_doom πŸ˜‚)
James liked this

Stephen #2402

I am very much enjoying this mini-series, can't wait for the next installment.

As someone very much in favour of the Emperor I do favour the UMs glorious intent, however both sides are fightly valiantly.

Bravo @Badger_of_doom!
@James, put up a decent fight but let the good guys win! :grin:

@pawl this seems like something we could very easily do ourselves on a somewhat regular basis post-lockdown. Once a job is in place I'll be able to fund my rebuild, and we can get our own series running :grin:

James #2403

Custom Custom Custom
Thanks @Stephen !
I have to say its definitely one the best suggestions @Badger_of_doom has had! Really nice way to get abit more invested in your guys and think about the why and how of whats actually happening.

Id really recommend it for you guys, the rules for 9th are pretty simple really and wouldnt take you long. Especially if you did marines v marines? Although i know Pawl is getting together a sizeable ork force!
One other really cool thing is that its designed to start and grow from quite a small force into full size. So 500 points to 2000+.
But 500 would be on average 4 units which aint so bad really!

Stephen #2404

I know Paul has an inordinate amount of different stuff he's collected over the years. So I'm sure he could throw something together.

I'm really intruigued by the fact it grows and develops over time. Almost like a table-top 40K roleplay. Sounds very enjoyable indeed. I've always preferred small points games. Once had a squad of scouts beat a full squad of orc boyz in melee. Absolutely fantastic seeing my friends face fall when he rolled his 60+ dice on a charge only to only land two hits which I saved. You see little orcs, all those extra axes don't always equate to more chpped huuuumies!

pawl #2411

Custom Custom Custom
Stephen wrote:@pawl this seems like something we could very easily do ourselves on a somewhat regular basis post-lockdown. Once a job is in place I'll be able to fund my rebuild, and we can get our own series running :grin:
That would mean I would have to actually finish something πŸ˜‚
Although in fairness both the Ork and Necron bits I've got should be relatively quick to paint. The Necrons perhaps moreso, due to their size.
Fortunately while you're securing funding I have time to carry on with work here - I often have to choose between physical and digital hobbies. πŸ˜…

James #2412

Custom Custom Custom
Haha well crusade caters quite nicely for small. There are 3 scenarios for 500 point battles. Then 6 for 1000 points. And you say its nice way of developing it and gaining xp for your units!!
Hobby Workshop