Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

pawl #1901

Custom Custom Custom
Have you considered using one of the gold shifters for the banding? After weathering (or with a little glazing) you could bring the gold down to a more bronze-like colour, and the shift could give it a rather nice two-tone effect.
Hobby Workshop

James #1902

Custom Custom Custom
Id certainly like the idea of it. But i think being able to mask that properly would nigh impossible. If you look for example at the top brass/gold layer it has all sorts of bits poking into the green armour.. touch ups with the shifter stuff are quite difficult by brush too!!
I know its looking pretty random at the moment, im hoping to be able to tone it all down once the colours are in. And tbh if not im not overly bothered about this guy, just want him done!

pawl #1908

Custom Custom Custom
Does it not brush on well at all? I'll have to do some research for you later, see what I can find!

James #1915

Custom Custom Custom
I managed to patch up the areas where id missed with the airbrush with black and then by brush with the shifter and it looked ok as gap filler...
I'll wait till ive dulled down the bronze before i decide to stick or twist so to speak

pawl #1917

Custom Custom Custom
All the experimentation! It's not a mistake if you learn something 😜

James #1918

Custom Custom Custom
Yes i think you just have to be careful not to let it look gloopy as I think thats what wrong with the bases. Specifically the gold ones.

pawl #1919

Custom Custom Custom
If you remind me tomorrow I'll try and do some searching for you, see what I can find about thinning and brushing. 👌
James liked this

James #1927

Custom Custom Custom
Managed to make some time this evening to get abit further with this. Getting close to finishing the flat colours. Need to touch up silver next and then ill be doing abit of work with areas of flesh i wasnt able to do effectively with the airbrush. Then the rubbish stage will be over and i can actually start getting some detail in and making it look like something half decent, papa nurgle willing.

pawl #1931

Custom Custom Custom
I think that now you're starting to block the colours in the difference between shifter and 'regular' paints is much less pronounced and they don't stick out quite so much, which I think works better. Definitely something to keep experimenting with! Look forward to see how this looks once you've given it a wash to tie it all together 👌

James #1933

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah its definitely looking less stark!! And hopefully will come together more as we get closer to finishing.
Ive been quite lazy and done all the hanging down tubing dark grey cos i cant be bothered. On the other drone it was a real pain to try and do the cables properly so ive just tried to make it easy as possible!!
Hobby Workshop