Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #1651

Custom Custom Custom
Finito!! Very pleased. Alot of time but not alot of hard work really.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #1655

Custom Custom Custom
He's disgusting, I love him! 😁

Seriously, you should be proud of this, especially considering how much you were working with new techniques. Fantastic result mate!

His right arm and the angle of the first photo makes it look like he's merrily skipping through the battlefield though 😂

(and he got named!)

James #1660

Custom Custom Custom
Haha some guy commented on the fb groups saying the same that he looks like hes skipping.. cant unsee it now 🤣

Yeah im really pleased with it. I've used the first pic with the dual cannons for a leeds gaming store competition. And theres another sci-fi comp at the end of the month too he'll be going into.
Have to say thanks to you @pawl for all your encouragement 😁 team warpstorm effort!

pawl #1668

Custom Custom Custom
I think it's brilliant 😁

Do you know who you're up against?

Throwing things at you until you paint is easy mate, you did the difficult bit. 😉

James #1672

Custom Custom Custom
Well theres two comps. The one at Leodis games i imagine the guy who got 1st last time will have something, seems to get something done everytime!! He just entered the fantasy comp month gone, but was actually pipped by someone else to first.
The other one is for patriot games Leeds and has got a cash prize so think id be lucky to place in that one.. altho i think most of their player base is for MTG.

Haha still helpful keeping me on track and stopping me being lazy sometimes 😂

pawl #1675

Custom Custom Custom
Don't you just hate people who paint fast and well? 😂
Don't you worry - in time I'm intending for comps here to have prizes worth money 😁 maybe not as much as you would find in proper shops though 😂

It's entirely self-serving, I just like seeing the end product!

James #1678

Custom Custom Custom
Most definitely 😂
Im hoping that he'd just batch painted alot and it was all coming together at the same time cos it was something painted in a very similar way!

Hah awesome. Certainly not a requirement though for me. Just thought i may aswell throw something in!! To be honest the Contemptor hasnt had much of a reception on the Facebook groups when i posted it. About 20 likes. The crawler got either 150 or 200.. somewhere around there anyway. It may just be i posted it at bad time like 11pm at night meaning it never got put high up on list. That's my excuse anyway!

Haha bloat drone with mower weathered style is next!

pawl #1681

Custom Custom Custom
Failing that just aim higher than him 😂

Oh no, definitely! It never hurts to have your name in the hat! And I wouldn't worry too much about Facebook reactions, we all know what they're worth 😜

👌👌

James #1683

Custom Custom Custom
Think id have to seriously up my game for thaf. Not sure what to try next really in terms of paint techniques etc.

pawl #1685

Custom Custom Custom
SENMM! (no, don't do that, it looks stupid unless it's perfect! 😂)

I think that it's usually the details that set a model apart. A mediocre paintjob with a stunning face will look better than a pretty-good-all-over paintjob, for example, so the next step probably involves some fine brush work and a magnifying glass! =X
Hobby Workshop