Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #1423

Custom Custom Custom
Haha didn't notice.

Your probably right.. But you know me.. I am lazy. I'll stick with for now. See how I feel after the washes and stuff. But I think it'll be fine!!! Not been very focused today so just did a touch up or two. Gloss maybe this evening if I get time.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #1425

Custom Custom Custom
You're even lazier than me, it's almost impressive! 😂

You'll be fine, I'm sure. Even if you decide to go back and change it, it shouldn't take you long. =]

James #1427

Custom Custom Custom
Tell you what. When I do contemptor no #2, I can do it at the same time if I want to! Then it'll be less of a problem!
pawl liked this

James #1439

Custom Custom Custom
Done the heat blooms on the weapons with the airbrush. Quite pleased. Had to redo it though as the blue ruined it the first time. Went all speckledy all over. So I was sad panda.
But now it's all good.
Unsure if to repaint the bits I've marked silver. As those bits are like guide metals and bands. The heat wouldn't actually be there as much.. but then if I paint over will I lose some of the effect....?

Everything has now been gloss varnished too. So will be ready for the next stage.. which may be tomorrow as it's so nice it may be drinking time soon

pawl #1443

Custom Custom Custom
After looking, but before reading, I actually had the same thought! Before you commit though I would do a little research first, see if there's any real world examples that might give a guide.
The band around the barrels I would expect to discolour somewhat, as the barrels are touching and would transfer a lot of heat. The 'support arm' I'm not sure sure about.

What I do find odd is that the barrels don't connect at all. It looks like as each round is fired it exists the barrel, and then passes through a second, smaller barrel at the end? Not being familiar with real-world counterparts I would have to do some googling!

The effect itself though has come out really nice I think 👌

James #1445

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah I agree I don't really get how it's supposed to work. The example I saw.. the middle bit of the band was back to silver... so the edges of it still look burnt. The arm not sure.
I don't know if I'll be able to find any real examples of this.. so I think it'll be a case of going with what I think looks best. However no rush.. this can wait till after the enamel wash stages tomorrow!

pawl #1446

Custom Custom Custom
It's not really something I can Google either. =/
One alternative is to go white, and say the support and banding is ceramite rather than metal. Doing so would leave very little purple and red though.
Something to think about. =]
James liked this

Lovecraft0110 #1518

Custom Custom
Looking good, when are you starting with the weathering?

James #1520

Custom Custom Custom
This afternoon/evening!! Was too hungover yesterday to contemplate it.

James #1551

Custom Custom Custom
Ok Got off my butt and got on with the weathering.
I used track wash for the whole thing. Decided a nice brown wash would work well for all of this. I struggled to get it to work quite in the capillary action that the "weather man" Enrique has been able to get... perhaps my mock gloss varnish isn't quite perfect. (A new item for the shopping list then...)
I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out!
Although I've found it hard to get a good picture.
The next stage will be to allow this cure somewhat and then I can try to use the streaking effects rust by ammo. @Lovecraft0110 you've said previously you would do this at the same stage but would you atleast allow the current enamel wash to dry fully before trying to rust?
Once that's done... it's pretty much finished. Apart from a few touch ups/highlights on a few details. (Don't worry I will resist the temptation to go heavy metal style)
Hobby Workshop