To begin with I'm just stripping and disassembling where possible. Removing metal pieces, and any plastic pieces that want to come off.
It's time consuming, but it's actually going quite well. Several pieces (exhausts, headlights etc) have come away that I wasn't expecting, which is a bonus. I'm assuming they were perhaps glued over paint, or maybe with super glue. I did unfortunately break an exhaust tip off one, but most of them are damaged anyway, so I'm already working out how to replace them where necessary. One of the Razorbacks has also kindly split itself into 3 - main chassis and two sides. 7 of the 8 connections for the grab rail have also come away (last one has been cleaned and is soaking again - hoping it doesn't need a knife) which I'm pleased about.
Annoyingly there's a lot of sticky super glue on the Vindicator in particular, but I've got that soaking again to hopefully work it away a little.
Lots more scrubbing to do, and I need to get the metal components into acetone, but it's a start!
Plan is to strip everything on all the banks first. When I'm left with a mountain of clean pieces I'll start looking at repairing and rebuilding. =]
Use our banners after the first post or at the bottom of the page for up to 25% off RRP!
Then bag yourself double reward points at checkout with coupon code PAU6006 - simple! =]