Welcome to The Warp Storm! ๐Ÿ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

James #1161

Custom Custom Custom
Haha don't be sorry!! It's good to see differing opinions and from someone who's been active on the scene for a while.

I only got into 40k 8th edition by chance really. Got convinced by a friend to pick up painting again after a 6 year break (when I painted a few figures for dnd) and I got the cheapest new sculpts available.... which were death guard. And then accidentally picked up most of an army... once I had a chunk painted I was like "well I might aswell actually try play with them" and my now fiancee convinced me to get in touch with a FLGS and give it a go... so ive Not really tried any other systems so far. I'm curious to try necromunda and bloodbowl as seems to be a good gaming presence in Yorkshire!

How do 30k and zone mortalis work? Any vids you'd recommend?! Is character advancement a normal feature of 30k?

Edit... seen people mentioning squats could make a comeback.. would that return you to the fold?
Hobby Workshop

pawl #1167

Custom Custom Custom
I can't be bothered to quote, so...

I just don't want to seem like I'm pestering, that's all. =]

Is the track wash a brown colour at a guess?
Trying to work out what would work best over purple armour for both shading and general dirt, and I'm assuming that straight black would probably work best. I've got some pigments on order (when stock gets to them) that I'm hoping to try and match with my bases, to act as 'dust'. (Gotta love some pond scum! ๐Ÿธ)

Think maybe trial and error would be best. I'm planning on painting the eyes white and then using Contrast to give them a slight glow effect. (I'm saving the flourescent colours for plasma and maybe power weapons).

I'll be getting varnish when I start looking at buying everything else. Won't be this month unfortunately, as my income of late has been significantly lower than usual. Almost looking forward to going back to work in a couple of weeks!

I wouldn't be using anything good for it, don't worry! I managed to recover a couple of old brushes that I'm hoping will still form a good point, so that's one less thing to buy.

Absolutely, yeah! I'm holding off on making a wishlist/cartthough,because temptation will get the better of me, and I'm basically broke at the minute ๐Ÿ˜‚

pawl #1662

Custom Custom Custom
Lovecraft0110 wrote: โ†‘25 Jun 20, 18:31 Edit: as for the chipping fluid, I would not recommend the "heavy" one. Instead of chips per se, you will get big flakes of paint coming off. Better to use the regular one and re-do if necessary, it's far more controllable. Again, either brand. Not Vallejo (tried all three).
Would the regular one be the AMMO Scratches Effect? Might be looking at ordering some bits tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜‡

James #1663

Custom Custom Custom
Thats the one i got mate ๐Ÿ˜Š exciting!!
pawl liked this

Lovecraft0110 #1766

Custom Custom
pawl wrote: โ†‘04 Aug 20, 21:18
Lovecraft0110 wrote: โ†‘25 Jun 20, 18:31 Edit: as for the chipping fluid, I would not recommend the "heavy" one. Instead of chips per se, you will get big flakes of paint coming off. Better to use the regular one and re-do if necessary, it's far more controllable. Again, either brand. Not Vallejo (tried all three).
Would the regular one be the AMMO Scratches Effect? Might be looking at ordering some bits tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜‡
Yes, sorry, James!
pawl, James liked this

James #1788

Custom Custom Custom
Worked out well in the end didnt it!
Hobby Workshop