Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

James #1691

Custom Custom Custom
Been naughty today as felt abit meh. So ordered an annihilation barge and some more scarabs from trolltrader to cheer me up 😂
Hobby Workshop

pawl #1692

Custom Custom Custom
Have you found that they end up cheaper than buying new from independant retailers @James? I've looked at their stuff on eBay before but never bought because the prices were a touch higher than I wanted to pay 😂

James #1694

Custom Custom Custom
Its hit and miss. Some things they are charging stupid money for and then other things really reasonable but then you do need to inspect the pics really carefully as they dont specify if something is damaged or missing a part. All sold as seen.
However ive been able to get some real bargains.
So the annihilation barge was 14 quid. 30 ish new. Looks to be complete. Just no base but I don't mind rebasing it. Scarabs for 3 sets was a fiver. So ok i think. Will give me 9 models with indomitus. Which is the max unit size for them.
Then other orders I've done... i got a set of primaris etb aggressors for 15 quid in perfect condition built unpainted. Not amazing value but ok. 4 fenrisian wolves painted nicely for 9 quid which is a steal. Also i got the bloat drone with plague mower which was a real steal because they priced it the same as the dark imperium drones but the drones with different load outs can only be bought from the proper drone set for 30 quid and I got him for 10 pounds. Perfect condition.
So its definitely worth looking at but i think you really need to know what stuff sells for on eBay and stuff to know whats a good deal and what isnt from them.

James #1695

Custom Custom Custom
Today... taken me 7 hours maybe with distractions. Built the indomitus primaris army.
They look great. Been abit of a pain to get together. Id recommend cutting off most of the push fit bits though and doing the fit yourself. Few gaps especially on the outriders that i will need to sort but overall good.
Surprisingly i think my favourite character is the lieutenant. Quite understated compared to the others but hes a really nice model.
All the infantry guys are great. Outiders really cool too.
Can see a gap here though.
Oh also. Bad pics but for the assault intercessors i did the first 6 as recommended buf then the last 4 i switched arms around etc so i didnt have any identical twins.
Awful pic but the row behind are the stock poses. The front row are the ones where I've tried to change it. Some look slightly dumb but aslong as not identical i think its all good.
Oh @pawl i had 0 issues with sprue weaking and losing any bits so not sure if youll need that guide really. Only one bit had an issue with coming from sprue was one of the bikers handlebars

pawl #1698

Custom Custom Custom
Those outroder gaps are surprisingly big! Guess the green stuff will come in handy! Still really nice sculpts though, and I suppose the gap issue isn't too different to the classic bikes.

How easy did you find it to change the intercessors? I'm pleased that some variation is possible, but I'm also hoping to swap between the regular and the assault for a little more variety.

James #1702

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah i remember the old bikes having same issue did the dark vengeance ones have it too?

Pretty easy, i just chopped off the arm stems. The variated set dont look as good as the originals but still decent if the poses do look a little unusual now lol.
I double posted but i gave you a trolltrader review above too

pawl #1703

Custom Custom Custom
Oops, missed that. Went last post rather than first new 🙈
It sounds like there's a lot of work involved to find a bargain then, but I suppose that is similarly true of eBay. I prefer to buy unbuilt if I'm going plastic though, which makes eBay easier to pick things up cheap.

The DV bikes haven't been built yet, trying not to get too far ahead of myself while I don't have a great storage solution! The old bikes tended to go together quite well though, it was more a case of smoothing a seam than filling a gap.

That's alright then. Not a fan of multiples where single pose are concerned!

James #1705

Custom Custom Custom
Yeah unbuilt stuff tends to fetch a higher price on TT i think. I find with eBay you have to be quite lucky to find a deal these days.. only if its been mislisted or generic subject title. I used to spend alot of time looking at the newly listed buy it now items.. found you could find some deals that way but would you require you to be pretty active.

Yeah i agree. Sucks to have multiple of the same dude. I find it hard to look at the 2nd edition box now 😂

pawl #1707

Custom Custom Custom
I keep looking but I've not bid for a while. Not necessarily a bad thing 😂

It's painful, but they have a certain classic charm. Not that I would ever field any. Maybe painted as statues...

James #1711

Custom Custom Custom
Would love to turn up to a game and someone bring 2nd edition stuff 🤣🤣
Hobby Workshop