Welcome to The Warp Storm! ๐Ÿ‘‹
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
For any other hobby talk that doesn't quite fit in the forums below.

pawl #1044

Custom Custom Custom
With the exception of the weird chest-robes I'm a fan for the most part, and interested to see where they go with the new 'Gothic' theme. Price depending I'll be adding to my collection.
Yeah man, sounds good. I'm in no rush to spend more money, you know how it is ๐Ÿ˜‚

In that case then you should be able to get 5-10 each, possibly more.

I think back then they had only released models for the warriors and Scarabs, but it was before I started collecting.

TITHI haven't managed anything yet. Doc reckons I've damaged a muscle in my back, and the painkillers haven't sat well with me for some reason. I've had two little organiser boxes arrive though, so tonight I intend to start working through the Big Box of Stuff. =]
Hobby Workshop

pawl #1047

Custom Custom Custom
TITHI started organising all the old stuff!
No photos of the bits boxes or the big box because it's all still a mess, but here's one of all the paint, glue and some brushes I managed to salvage.
You'll notice that there's some really old paint in there...
This pot is about twenty years old, the lid hasn't closed properly in at least ten, and yet somehow it's not dried out! And yet I must have thrown away at least as many pots as I saved because they had turned into a solid lump, despite being a decade or more newer!

Also managed to find my old transfer sheets. Haven't counted them, but left is Chaos, middle is Guard, right is Marine. Annoyingly few DA transfers though, which is odd.
(who remembers Skullz?!)

Also, @James, would this be any use to you?
Only one I've found so far but I think there might be one or two more knocking around.

James #1049

Custom Custom Custom
Haha wow. That's impressive that it's still good. I have one pot of chestnut wash from the 90s. I've not used it but it's still sloshing around in there haha.
Cool that you had Vallejo though.. I've only heard of them this time around!!
pawl wrote: โ†‘30 Jun 20, 22:41 Also, @James, would this be any use to you?
Only one I've found so far but I think there might be one or two more knocking around.
Hmmm is that some sort of arm transforming into a club? Yes it would definitely be of interest to me ๐Ÿ˜ we'll have to do a bits and old stuff swopshop once we're fully organised!

What are the skulls? They look familiar lol but can't remember why.

pawl #1055

Custom Custom Custom
There's actually a few! Off the top of my head there's Smelly Primer (useless stuff though, just kept it because I can), Goblin Green, Flesh Wash, Blood Red, Snakebite Leather, Bad Moon Yellow?, and something about flesh tones.
I hadn't had the VGC stuff all that long, but I was trying to expand my horizons. Slightly different to now ๐Ÿ˜‚

It must certainly is! Like I say, think there could be more lurking so I'll keep an eye out.

It's spikeybitz, but it kinda explains Skulz.
https://spikeybits.com/2015/03/gw-flash ... ogram.html
Can't remember how much you had to spend per sticker but as a kid I had no chance!

pawl #1090

Custom Custom Custom
TITHI am in the process of organising the Big Box of Stuff again.

So far I can confirm I have;

One Rhino/Razor/Pred, magnetised and interchangable. Rear door opens. Chassis not glued yet.

One Pred. Rear door and top plate glued down.

One Vindicator. Partially magnetised, partially unglued so far.

Loads of spares/extras for the above.

One classic Dreadnough (ETB perhaps?) - power fist, missile launcher, twin lascannon, assault cannon.

All the parts from this classic LotD box.

All the parts from this classic Vanguard Veterans box.

Currently working on finding all the parts for
this Masters of the Chapter box. Think the head for top right was lost years ago, unfortunately, so not sure I'll find all these.

Edit; I found his head! It's been missing for years!

Also found;

All models from classic metal scout box. Guy with pistol outstretched has lost his knife hand somehow. Seem to have started a conversion so that he's holding a boltgun too.

Some metal Catachans, but I have more elsewhere.

13 Kasrkin (sgt, plasma, flamer, grenade launcher, 2 melta) - not found all backpacks yet.

Metal terminator captain. Sword was lost when I was a kid.

One of 2/3 metal DA robed bodies

Parts for 5/7 plastic terminators (depends on finding enough heads/torsos), with DA upgrade parts

Parts for classic metal Chaplain on bike

3 partly assembled bikes (with plenty of bits to finish them, inc RW sprues)

Parts for metal attack bike upgrade

Edit2; I'm done for now! Still plenty of organising to be done, but it's looking much better.

Here's half of what I was going through tonight...
Top Ieft is a box of random models and bits, some of which I might be trying to sell (ancient Fantasy stuff). Need to go through it again and make smaller boxes. Bottom left is mostly vehicle pieces. Top sprues are marine, bottom Ork.

Tanks! With magnets! Turrets have weapons and ammunition magnetised, and turrets can elevate. Sponsons are magnetised to allow full movement and swapping of weapons, but I'm not entirely certain how I want them to work yet. Also pictured are scouts, vanguard and masters.

Bits box 1!
Top row: DA legs, servo skulls, regular legs, vehicle bits, iconography (anything with wings, basically)
Middle row: DA backpacks, regular backpacks, banner poles, scout bits (forgot they were there), stuff (pouches, grenades, purity seals, etc)
Bottom row: boltguns with arms, boltguns/pistols (some really old bolters in there!), bolter arms, special weapons, heavy weapons/arms (metal & plastic)

Bits box 2!
Top row: bare heads, DA heads, generic heads, a couple of bits from other races, bits for @James (only other thing I found was a head, annoyingly), some bits I can't place
Middle row: CCW arms (left and right), a RW banner thing, plastic scout pieces
Bottom row: DA torso front/back, generic torso front, generic torso back, a single jump pack, DA shoulder pads, generic shoulder pads, not sure (knives apparently?)

There's still some stuff elsewhere, but it's a start.

It also turns out I can build 6 terminators. Five assault (with or without DW bits) and one extra that I think came free in WD.

James #1093

Custom Custom Custom
Wow that's some awesome stuff. Cool that you magnetized the tanks. I've done that with two of the contemptors I've got. Fun but hard to not magnetize them the wrong way ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ think it was actually my other crawler that's magnetized wrong way for one weapon. Fortunately it's the front gun so doesn't really matter.

Legion of the damned are some of the coolest models ever I think. I really hope they re release them... altho they are abit spoofy I guess. Look great though.

Vanguards too. Very cool. Can't believe how much stuff you have ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Hope you've not further stressed your back out moving all this 'eavy plastic!!!

Oh and the skullz... never seen that before. But don't think I ever mail ordered anything. I did have the mail order book that had the necromunda dude on the front and I used to spend hours dreaming of all the miniatures I wanted. Like an Argos catalog. Haha.

pawl #1095

Custom Custom Custom
I saw a guide to magnetising Tau tanks years ago (on a forum that's how long dead) and figured I would give it a go.
If I were to do them again now I would maybe do it slightly differently, but I actually don't think I did too bad a job all that time ago. All the parts are interchangable between tanks, and (unlike some other Pred guides I've seen) the turret and sponson weapons have full range of motion!
For directions I used to keep a stack of magnets with a dot of paint on the outward facing side of the top magnet. ๐Ÿ˜‰

They're dated now but I think they still look stunning. Might try and flesh them out a little with some eBay purchases down the line, and then add the newer sculpts in too. ๐Ÿ˜…

Most of it is either impulse buying when I was younger, or stuff that was bought when I was like 11 that I somehow never managed to lose! Although I have significantly less in the way of tactical sprues/bits than I was expecting.

No damage! Either that or the codeine is hiding it ๐Ÿ˜‚

I actually don't remember buying anything from Mail Order, so maybe they were giving them away in store too? Not sure. I used to do the same with this though - still have it in fact!

James #1349

Custom Custom Custom
Only just seen this!! Must have missed it.
Guessing back is all better now since the diy? Or have you over done it?

Good advice with the magnets!! I may try that next time as I have one contemptor left to magnetize... and I've yet to build the turret and magnetize for the repulsor!!

TITHI.... while I was waiting for the contemptor to dry... I did a few other bits with the airbrush in the effort to have most things in my death guard battle ready.
Applied some slight green highlights to these plague marines who had previously been green base coated and washed with agrax. Look ok. Found the airbrush didn't work as well as I'd have hoped but it's ok! I think when I'm able to pin wash with enamel wash it'll really make them pop.
I also gave the airbrush putty a first go and covered up the plague surgeons armour so I can get some burnt umber and then red onto the robes.
I also did the same with the bloat drone with flesh mower. To start the fleshy bits.

Id say overall very impressed with the airbrush putty. @pawl I think it would have been really time consuming to do with tape... atleast for this sort of stuff... especially around robes and cloth but protect the armour highlights.
One negative.. it melts quick.. although it is warm today. I've left the putty on as I need to do abit more on it. I'll take a pic of them tomorow and see how droopy they are ๐Ÿคฃ @Lovecraft0110 any solutions to this?

pawl #1352

Custom Custom Custom
I have a bad back anyway (minor curvature), but it's usually managable. Moving things into/organising the loft, building furniture and pulling things out of the garden has made sure I'm in constant pain, but the pain that had me speaking to the doc seems to have gone ๐Ÿ˜‚

If I can get my hands on a cheap Predator kit at some point I'll try and do a full guide on magnetising, with a Predator focus. Unfortunately I don't have anything on-sprue, so I can only show the 'after', but I managed to keep it so that when the sponson weapons were turned the little targeting lens on top turned too, which other guides didn't seem to have. The turret could track up and down too, again not possible with many other guides. I'll have a think at some point, see if I can't write something anyway.

They're looking suitably disgusting already, but a pin wash will obviously make a huge difference.

Do you have to clean the putty? Do you get multiple uses out of it? Or does it just keep sticking up matter how much paint you've thrown at it?
Maybe keep them in the fridge? ๐Ÿ˜‚

James #1356

Custom Custom Custom
Sounds like a nightmare!!! Glad it's not screwed after your diy sessions!!

I'd definitely be keen to see a guide when you have time!! Not really looked at the repulsor turret yet... built the main chassis and couldn't be bothered to go further.

Not really sure with the putty... I assume the paint will just sort of flake off it. And it's fully reusable as far as I'm aware! (Hopefully) although the tin does contain loads. I've probably used less than 5% of it on those two. Didn't seem to shift last night from any paint just seems to be time!!!
Hah fridge may be the answer. Heres this morning....
Its got a strange consistency.. it's alot more fluid than blue tack so that'll roll back up easy peasy
Hobby Workshop