Welcome to The Warp Storm! 👋
While you're welcome to look around we recommend you login or register to get the full benefits of the site, allowing you to talk to our members and show off your work! =]
Paint jobs, conversions, terrain pieces... whatever you're working on!

James #618

Custom Custom Custom
Nice! Let me kno if you test any of the pigments out as I'm considering using mine For first use on the plagueburst crawler.. But I'll need something to test it on! No idea what yet.
Hobby Workshop

pawl #621

Custom Custom Custom
I'm already waiting to play! I decided to remove AK's Light Rust from the cart due to them waiting on stock (I'll pick that up whenever I next order), but I still have Vallejo's Green Earth and Burnt Sienna, and AK's Burnt Umber being dispatched today. When I get round to doing vehicles I'll possibly need something in a grey tone too, but I'm not sure yet.
Either way I need to get some bases ready - possibly a job for tonight 😁

pawl #631

Custom Custom Custom
Nothing too exciting tonight, knocked up some more bases ready for new materials arriving. 32mm this time, ready for the first of my scouts. I got sidetracked however, and spent most of my time trying to stick a smaller base underneath a bigger base (so much plastic dust!), as you can see 😂

They've been textured too, but you can't see it very well in photos so I didn't bother.

pawl #635

Custom Custom Custom
No undercoating today thanks to the weather, so I repainted one of the older bases instead. Followed somebody else's guide, ended up with this.

(new, then comparison)
ImageImage
Thoughts? The surrounding colour is much nicer, and I think I prefer the more blue tone to the 'concrete'.
And yes, I know that I made a right mess with the pigments - I was playing, alright? 😂

James #640

Custom Custom Custom
That looks fantastic to be honest!!! The blue is excellent.
What were your steps to achieve that? Wouldn't mind having a go at that!

pawl #651

Custom Custom Custom
Vallejo Dark Sea Blue and Scalecolor Bering Blue. 👌
It's basically following this. I don't have a spare sponge to hand so I was stippling, but otherwise I followed that. Don't have any masking tape to hand either (and forgot to order some), but I have masking fluid on the way, so I can play with yellow too.
I could do with a couple more runs at it, but the more I look at it the more I like it. Really ought to change it a bit though so it's not a complete rip-off! 😂

Oh! I also didn't realise that the pigments don't actually set fully, and need varnishing. Another thing to buy!

James #656

Custom Custom Custom
Thanks for the link. I'm definitely going to try that. And I've got some masking tape.. unused so far. But I think I could defo give that a go. I'm annoyed I've based all the possessed. They'd have looked great on this!

James #658

Custom Custom Custom
Haha yeah.. I've heard you have to varnish them in Other wise will run off haha

pawl #662

Custom Custom Custom
It comes off from a fairly light touch, so have to be careful with it. I'll just pick up some varnish when I need something else - not worth postage for just that.
James liked this

pawl #741

Custom Custom Custom
Once it's actually fully dry it seems to be a bit more resilient, so no major rush for me to get any varnish.

So! Been painting up the three new bases, nearly ruined two today!

They currently look like this:

You might notice the closest one looks wet. That's because it was dunked in water 🙈
Tried masking off some lines to create something like this on one base, and a simple line on another.
The masking tape kindly allowed the paint to bleed, and I didn't realise until it was drying. Beater brush, glaze medium and lots of brushing and fortunately the paint started to come up without ruining the paint underneath. One had to be washed to get rid of the yellow-tinged medium 😂
Still, made a second go and got something like what I wanted, so I'm taking it as a win. Just have to get some proper tape I think.

Edit;
Carried on playing, got some pigments down. Bit more conservative with them this time, think it's worked better.
ImageImageImage
Hobby Workshop